Two Forums to be held, April 18 and 25, 7:30 - 9:00 p.m., at the Athens Public Library. Candidates will be running for Democratic nomination (3 to be selected) for Athens City Council At-Large, and two Candidates running for Democratic nomination for Athen City Council Third Ward. Mark the dates; At-Large likely for April 18; Third Ward for April 25.
Athens County League Annual Meeting to be held Thursday, May 18. Time and place to be announced--mark your calendars now for this important event (likely around 6:00 p.m.).
May Primary Election information found by clicking on Voter Information, above.
The League of Women Voters, an
does not support candidates or political parties
- encourages informed and active participation in government,
- works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and
- influences public policy through eduation and advocacy.
Contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting one of our officers/board members listed at left.
Board Meetings 4th Thursday of every month at China Fortune Restaurant at 5:30 p.m.. All are welcome. It would be helpful--but not mandatory!--for anyone planning to attend to let one of the co-presidents, Mary Costello, Ellsworth Holden, know that you will be there. Email contact information is at left.
How Can We Help You?
- Register to Vote; Candidates/Issues; Where to Vote; etc. Click above on VOTER INFORMATION
- Information about General Meetings, Special Events. Click on NOTES/EVENTS above.
- Click this link for recent State League information